Pink Nik Designs Website

Pink Nik Designs Website
Upto date, news, offers, services & more

Friday, August 8, 2008

small business - mall trading cont'd

CONS!
But here’s the stuff you don’t get told:
· you have to be at the stall every hour the mall is open
· you can’t leave your stall unattended
· certain places have a dress code
· you aren’t meant to eat or drink at the stall
· no personal items are to be on display
· you may have to check that your display is acceptable to the mall management
· your time keeping is noted and will be logged
Doing all this is if there is only you in your business is hard! Who watches the stall if you go have lunch, coz you’re not meant to eat at the stall! Who takes orders if you have to go make them up! What happens if you leave early or start late one too many times? Remember they’re makes notes about this.
Now I’ve been quite lucky because I’ve only really been there for 2 weeks at a time I’m not give much grief about it as the mall staff know I’ve got to get my orders made up. But I have seen comments being made to others for packing up early, but nothing to much more. Although I have heard about other places that won’t give you your kiosk cover back until the mall closes. Does that promote flexibility?

No comments: